United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - GEP3 / EAC State Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
Job Number: 529060
Locations: Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara
Work Type: Consultancy
Duration: 11.5 months from the date of signing the contract
Slots: 4 Openings (Sokoto (2), Kebbi (1) and Zamfara (1))
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose of this consultancy is to ensure the effective monitoring, data collection and maintain records on all Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3) interventions in the respective GEP3 and Educate A Child (EAC) focus states (Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara) according to the GEP3 / EAC state work plan and GEP3 monitoring and evaluation framework, contributing to the results of the project
- Two State M&E Consultants will be contracted in each of the two GEP3 (Sokoto and Zamfara) and one M & E Consultant in EAC (Kebbi) focus state. GEP3 / EAC activities are implemented in close partnership with government education agencies and civil society partners.
- The consultant will report to the State Project Coordinator under supervision of the Sokoto Education Specialist / Officer and with technical guidance of the Education Specialist, M&E based in Abuja. The consultant will work closely with the Education Specialist / Officer responsible for GEP3 / EAC, based in the respective UNICEF Field Office. It is expected the State M&E Consultant will form effective professional relationships with relevant education sector stakeholders in GEP3 / EAC focus state at all levels to advance GEP3 / EAC activities and results
- The consultant will work collaboratively with the other GEP3 / EAC state consultants – coordinating activities, analyzing operating environment, sharing lesson learnt and progress and maximizing synergy between activities towards key result areas.
Main Tasks of the Consultant
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate records / database on GEP3/EAC implementation across the three output areas in state, and ensure effective and timely information reporting as required;
- Conduct quality assurance activities to ensure quality of the implementation of interventions under the guidance of the Education Specialist M&E;
- Work closely with SUBEB and MOE EMIS officials to ensure timely completion (based on agreed timeframe) of Annual School Census data collection, processing, data cleaning, data merging, analysis, standard statistics reports generation, and dissemination of gender disaggregated results;
- Liaise with MOE and SUBEB EMIS officials to provide technical support to strengthen capacity of EMIS staff at the LGEA level;
- In coordination with State Output Leads and national Education Specialist M&E, monitor and support IQS integration into the ASC processes;
- Coordinate and support State level research activities led by external consultants and GEP3 / EAC partners;
- Facilitate institutionalization of systems, for effective and accurate data collection and analysis;
- Document lessons learnt and best practices, producing monthly stories on GEP3 / EAC implementation;
- Working with State Output Leads, ensure that systematic, accurate and updated data and information on GEP3 / EAC activities is collected and analysed collaboratively;
- Produce regular monthly work plans and submit them to the SPC, Education Specialist M&E, and FO Education GEP3 focal person;
- Support and coordinate state level research activities led by external consultants and GEP3 / EAC partners.
- Timely submission of monthly reports and data tables covering all three output areas, contributing to quarterly and annual reports on specific areas under the output;
- Monthly work plans detailing how key tasks will be conducted (due on 25th of the month).