The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consultant II: Consultancy to review the Bill of Quantity (BOQ) and Reports of Laboratory Assessment
Job ID: 13-10804
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 - Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports to: Director, Laboratory
- The overarching aim of the Global Fund Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health [RSSH] project is to improve the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic issues affecting the optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria. The resulting high-level interventions have been designed to follow the Global Fund’s framework for [RSSH] that is built on the essential building blocks of WHO for a well-functioning health system, including community systems strengthening (CSS) as another critical component to be addressed in support of RSSH.
- The RSSH grant is designed to strengthen the Nigerian health system across the HIV, TB, and malaria program areas. In doing so it'll have interventions targeted at the HMIS, PSM & Lab system strengthening areas. There's also the additional dimension of the innovative "State approach" to be piloted in the three states of Oyo, Kaduna & Imo. The state approach covers elements like public financial management, support for health insurance and health sector coordination among others.
- Two engineering consulting firms were hired to assess 74 laboratories located in 36 + 1 states of Nigeria and develop bill of quantities to be used for the actual infrastructural upgrade. The goal of this solicitation is to engage a consultant to review the bill of quantities and reports of the laboratory assessment at 74 select facilities in Nigeria submitted by the consulting firms.
The key objective for this short-term consultancy is:
- To review the bill of quantities and laboratory assessment reports conducted at 74 laboratories in Nigeria by consulting firms.
Specific Terms of Reference
- Undertake a thorough review of the bill of quantities submitted by consulting firms after conducting laboratory assessment at 74 laboratories in Nigeria.
- Undertake a thorough review of the detailed reports of the state of each laboratory submitted by the consulting firms
- Produce comprehensive report of the consultancy and make recommendations.
- Estimated level of effort: 5 working days in total.
- A review report of the detailed report of the state of each laboratory submitted by the consulting firms
- A review report of the detailed design of upgrade based on findings in each laboratory
- A review of the standard Bill of Quantities (BoQ) in relation to the upgrades required per laboratory