Synapse Services is a "Center for Psychological Medicine", that specializes in the provision of psychological and counselling services, Inpatient and Outpatient Mental Health and rehabilitation services.
We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Psychiatrist
Employment Type: Full time – 40 hours a week
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for patient assessment and diagnosis prior to admission, in patient care, discharge planning and aftercare.
- Construct an accurate summary of patient’s needs, strengths, and a comprehensive individualized risk assessment that contributes to care planning.
- Communicate effectively through regular contact with patients, relatives and any other concerned bodies.
- Run family sessions in line with the patients treatment plan and when the need arises.
- Contribute to other departments in the organization – Business development, Administration and Management.
- Provide Clinical leadership in interaction, planning and collaboration with multidisciplinary team comprising of Psychiatric Nurses, Support Workers, and Clinical Psychologists in delivering a comprehensive high quality service.
- Clinically support, coordinate and consult for sister organisations.
- Organize and supervise weekly clinical meetings.
- Play an active role in our sister charity organization, Reconnect Health Development Initiative.
- Take a lead role in developing mental health services.
- Be required to perform on call duties.