Health+Solve Limited - Our client, a 137 bed specialist Hospital and Medic-care Centre located in Otukpo, Benue State is currently recruiting for qualified, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title Consultant, Radiologist
Unit / Department: Radiology (Medical Imaging) Services
Reporting to: Chief Medical Director
Responsible for: All members of the Radiology (Medical Imaging) Dept.
- To provide alongside other consultant colleagues, appropriate Radiology services to patients, hospitals & clinics designated with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- All clinical staff are accountable and responsible for their own clinical competence and should limit their actions to those for which they are deemed competent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage, lead & coordinate the operations and personnel of the Hospital’s Radiology Department.
- Perform or direct radiology staff to perform a variety of diagnostic procedures, such as X-rays, MRIs, CT Scans and ultrasounds to diagnose illnesses and injuries
- Apply medical knowledge and expertise to make a diagnosis based on investigations or test results
- Communicate test results and diagnosis to a patient’s primary physician through written reports, emails or verbally, either by phone or in person
- Work in close co-operation with and support other clinical & medical professionals and colleagues across the Organization to provide clients/patients with high quality radiology and other imaging services of the highest standard
- Contribute to the timeliness of performing and reporting all patient examinations
- Undertake all work in accordance with contractual requirements and Echo-Scan Services’ standard operating procedures and policies
- Participate in departmental consultant and senior staff meetings; attend other departmental and management meetings as required
- Co-operate with Branch Management in the efficient running of Branch’s Radiology Unit’s services and the Branch in general Quality and Standards:
- Develop and maintain good working practices
- Maintain and actively promote adherence to Organizational and professional standards of conduct and practice
- Provide medical information from the Branch Unit’s experiences for the development of systems to support the Organization’s service delivery quality and standards
- Work actively to reduce unintended harm to patients
- Consistently exercise a general duty of care for the health, safety and wellbeing of work colleagues, visitors and patients and oneself Personal
- Be responsible, with management support, for own personal development by attending accredited conferences and meetings to update one’s clinical knowledge, coaching and management skills in line with CME requirements; actively contribute to the development of colleagues when required