The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos - Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation.
The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa, and also to provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - To Develop Secured Online Platform for Documentation, Reporting/Making Accessible Cases of Human Rights Violations by Local Actors in Conflict Zones
In response to the existing gap in the use of digital platform to document, report and make available cases of Human Rights Violations by local actors. Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) is therefore seeking for a consultant or reputable IT Institution to engage in the development of a secured online platform (website) for this purpose.
Scope of the Assignment
- Design and develop online platform for documentation, reporting/making accessible cases of human rights violations in conflict zones
- Engage in the process of reviewing and validating the architecture/structure of the online platform with CDD and relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate the initial content update and capacity building for relevant personnel and stakeholders to be engaged with the platform on day to day activities
- Develop working guideline/handbook for updating of cases on the platform among other needful responsibilities
- Engage in the periodic maintenance of the website/platform