Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack's mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
Job Title: Content Marketer
Specialization: Media / Advertising / Branding
Industry: ICT / Telecommunications
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: HND, Bachelor's Degree
About the Content Marketer Role
- We're looking for a gifted writer to help build Africa's largest digital business media network. Like Bloomberg, CNBC Africa, and GartnerL2, we want to connect entrepreneurs in Africa with the ideas, people, and information they need to grow - and lead - massively successful businesses.
- As a Content Marketer at Paystack, you'll be a member of the Growth team, which means that you'll be part of a team that strives to empower thousands of business owners in Africa with both the knowledge and the courage they need to bring their ideas to life. If that feeling were a sound, it would sound like this.
- Paystack exists to help merchants grow. To do this, we create simple, powerful tools to help our customers build incredible products . But to fully reach their potential, our customers need more than just tools: they need insight. This is why we began investing in content - blog posts, events, guides, webinars, podcasts, and much more. Over the last two years, we've built a rich archive of engaging B2B content, and we've been completely blown away by the enthusiastic response to this content from a large (and growing!) audience of business owners. We're looking for someone who is both smart and deeply creative to take these efforts to the next level.
- As the Content Marketer at Paystack, you'll join our tiny marketing team - we're currently only 3 people! :D You'll find out all the critical business topics that our merchants seek to master and help them do so. As a result, you'll drive leads for our self-serve and sales-assisted funnels, educate businesses about the power of modern payments technology, and help keep Paystack top of mind with prospects.
- You'll do this with a lot of writing - blog posts, case studies, sales assets, guides, tweets, reports, website copy, and a lot more. You'll also create and maintain an ambitious editorial calendar, while ensuring that content is distributed and recycled as widely as possible. And you'll do all this side by side with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- To succeed in this role, you must have the creativity of an advertising copywriter, a magazine editor's instincts for what makes a great story, a business reporter's appreciation for data, and the people skills of a community manager. Above all, you must possess profound empathy for our customers.
- Paystack merchants are a community of makers and company builders with big dreams. Using thoughtful and creative content marketing, you'll help them see the path towards realizing those dreams.
- This is a full-time role based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. You’ll report directly to the Head of Growth.