Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Description of the Position
- The cook is responsible for preparing meals on request for Solidarités International expatriate staff, in accordance with the rules of hygiene.
- He/she is also responsible for purchasing the food and equipment necessary for this work, and the maintenance of his/her workspace.
- Keep the kitchen, cooking utensils and refrigerator clean. Disinfect the refrigerator regularly.
- Inform his/her line manager of any cooking equipment required and of any missing or damaged materials
- Prepare and clean the dining area before and after meals
- Buy the produce required for meal preparation, within the fixed budget
- Keep a log recording all expenditure and regularly settle advances relating to the purchase of food
- Evaluate fuel needs and monitor fuel consumption
- Manage food and commodity stocks for expatriate accommodation
- Prepare meals according to the fixed number of people and definite planning, checking that the food is healthy and the menus varied
- Respect the essential hygiene regulations and maintain exemplary conditions of hygiene in the kitchen and storage areas
- Monitor the provision of filtered water to living and working areas, ensuring that water filters are disinfected regularly
- Wash plates, dishes, cutlery