GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Reporting Analyst - Pharmaceutical
Requisition ID: WD177476
Location: ILU_Ilupeju, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Functional area: Finance
Relocation: Not Indicated
- The finance reporting analyst role takes on the responsibility to prepare periodic financial report both statutory and management for the board across all the functional areas of GSK entities, the role provides support as as Share Service staff to CH, PH and GMS.
- Preparation of financial statements under IFRS for all GSK reporting entities.
- Ensures that financial data are timely and correctly entered into the system and to follow up with all responsible staff that schedules of all supporting documents are generated timely.
- Prepares management accounting reports from time to time for decision making.
- Collate all audit lead schedules and cross reference them to the trial balances.
- Review TB Schedules in order to enable GL Reconciliation.
Reconciles Trial Balance
- Prepares periodic Operating Expenses (OPEX) Reports for Finance committee meeting and Board meeting.
- Joint responsibility to manage unclaimed dividend fund accounts in line with regulatory and best practices.
- Prepares quarterly reports to Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Prepares Performance Results for Management, Finance committee, & Board meeting.
- Prepares industry comparative performance report as an assessment index.
- Prepares statutory accounts for Management, Finance committee & Board meetings.
- Preparation of statutory financial accounts for submission to NSE, & SEC and other regulatory bodies.
- Risk management - to mitigate the potential risk of untimely and inaccurate financial reporting as identified in the risk map through reconciliation and process check.
- Liaison with External Auditors on statutory audits to ensure a hitch free exercise.
- Preparation and maintenance of Entity and Market cross-charge between GSK Consumer and GSK Pharma in line with transfer pricing policy.
- Reconciliation of BISON report to JDE general ledger.
- Monthly submission of VAT returns.
- Responsible for managing Corporate Income Tax, Education Tax, VAT, Witholding Tax, State taxes and their attendant tax audits.
- And any other duties assigned by management.
- On time preparation and delivery of management accounts and OPEX reports for management decision making to aid efficiency at all levels of organization.
- On time preparation and delivery of financial accounts for Finance committee meeting for decisions on strategy, sustainability, and going concern.
- On time preparation and delivery of statutory accounts for returns to SEC, CAC, NSE in order to thwart possible sanction due to late filling.
- On time delivery of MD/Board Papers.
- Proper tax planning and strict compliance to International, Federal and State tax regulations.
- Proper scrutiny of the GL, and periodic review and documentation of TB Schedules, to guarantee the integrity of underlying financial statement.
- Periodic Industry Comparative Information
- Smooth run of periodic External Audit in line with statutory requirement.
- Diligence: Ability to pay attention to details, being thorough and scrupulous is key to the success of review and reconciliation.
- Information Search: Seeking information from a broad range of sources is vital for delivering service in the corporate reporting function. Information from local stock exchange data bank, consulting agencies, financial supermarkets and accounting boards are essential in creating value for information, improving the scope of reports, and also serve as input to Periodic Industry Comparative Reports.
- Communication: The art of structured communication with clarity cannot be separated from Corporate reporting, as there is need to deliver reports that is tailored to the audience, thus, making impact and meeting needs.
- Being Numeric: Ability to work with figures, utilize raw/unprocessed/incomplete financial data and transform them to meaningful information.
- Leadership style: An open, focused and participatory people management style that produces results.
- Interpersonal skill: Requires good inter personal skill with all team members and other stakeholder is essential to guarantee a hitch free service delivery.