Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: COSDEC (Community Skills Development Center) Training Specialist
Tracking Code: 1130-112
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Mafita is a large-scale, six-year youth employment programme operating in Nigeria’s northern states, funded by DFID and implemented by Adam Smith International.
- Through a combination of innovative skills development and job creation interventions, Mafita will support over 60,000 marginalised young people to find employment or become entrepreneurs by 2021.
- Within the above scope, Mafita is mandated to support the economic empowerment of Northern Nigerian women, whose economic disenfranchisement has direct and adverse impacts on the country’s economic prosperity and development at the national, regional and community levels.
- Through its work, Mafita seeks to support women to access economic resources both directly by supporting women’s entrepreneurship, employment and access to finance, and indirectly by creating a more enabling environment for women.
Areas of Responsibility:
- The COSDEC (Community Skills Development Center) Training Specialist will support the implementation of the COSDEC component of the programme, including training management and facilitating the implementation of minimum standards on curriculum management. This is a full-time position.
- Facilitate and support the overall design and delivery of training at COSDECs.
- Act as main liaison between Mafita and Centre Managers/Trainers of COSDECs on curriculum management, implementation and any training related matters.
- Support the development and ensure effective implementation of training delivery plans for all courses at COSDECs.
- Support the development and effective implementation of timetable and organization of work across COSDECs.
- In close collaboration with TVET, facilitate the development of training package for COSDEC Trainers and ensure on-going/on-job support of COSDEC to ensure trainers sustains gained skills and knowledge from Mafita and stakeholders training programme. This include all training related to, occupational standards, usage of learning material, and quality assurance management systems including minimum standards.
- Facilitate the development of and provision of timely of specified training consumables.
- Support TVET with the development and validation of formative assessment instruments.
- Support the COSDEC staff in developing and running training sessions for COSDEC trainers.
- Facilitate the implementation and compliance of COSDECs to quality assurance systems such minimum standards, assessments and certifications.
- In close consultation with Micro and Small Enterprise (MSE) Specialist, facilitate the design of Workplace Experience Learning with local enterprises companies.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of a capacity-building plan for COSDEC staff (Center Managers, Training Coordinators and Trainers).
- In close collaboration with TVET, support COSDECs in meeting the criteria for certification of courses and the institution.
- Support the conduct of internal and external assessments and certification of trainees at COSDECs.
- Facilitate the implementation of Community management structure for COSDECs.
- In close consultation with TVET, support the development and implementation of capacity building programme for members of COSDEC management committees.
- Facilitate the admission of Mafita beneficiaries into COSDECs.
- In close collaboration with the Local Economic Development (LED) unit to support the establishment of MSE support centers in connection with the COSDECs and establishment of relevant competencies and capacity to support the graduates to setup new enterprises and to provide basic business development support to local MSEs.
- In close collaboration with LED support the initiatives and planning on transition to work for the COSDEC trainees.
- Work closely with the other Mafita units to ensure coherent messaging and strategy for engagement with trainees and other stakeholders.
- Provide wider team with recommendations for community engagement and facilitate access for the MRM and Research Unit to carry out studies.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Intervention Manager.
- Ensure full compliance of Mafita SharePoint usage guidelines.
- Support your unit in ensuring information / data generated is compiled accurately and uploaded to appropriate folder in SharePoint.
- Reporting - You will also be required to adhere to all reporting requirements (both scheduled and ad hoc) regarding your team as communicated to you by the Project Management Unit (PMU).
- Meeting deadlines on all assigned tasks.