AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited - We are an engineering consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Technical Training, Recruitment of technical Personnel, Outsourcing of Technical Personnel and rendering engineering consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, etc.
We are recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Cost Control Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Responsible for setting up Cost Control procedures and process flow charts for assigned project.
- Responsible for setting up budgets to follow the project costs for assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparing Estimation of Total Forecasts, Quantity/Costs and Expected Outcomes.
- Assists Project Managers in optimizing and improving their budgeted profits.
- Liaise with Finance and other departments to effectively handle and coordinate cost related activities.
- Assist the projects to point out items with the most significant impact on the cost.
- Preparing change orders or claims and follows up.
- Prepare the monthly project cost control report, management report and cash flow.
- Responsible for the control and monitoring of project total expenditure including verifying progress work statements and claims from suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide cost controlling support for all projects or designated projects which includes variation reporting monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes.
- Ensures effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of Work Base Structure (WBS) with the use of project management systems to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Prepare the project budget and revise them thrice (3 times) in a year and prepare the justification for the variances with the original budget and revised budget.
- Prepare monthly Project Status Report (PSR); perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Coordinate with the Planning Engineer to prepare the project status report as required.
- Efficiently work as Cost Control Engineer to effectively foresee problems before hand and mitigate the impact by appropriate timely actions.
- Handle other related job functions as may be assigned by the Project Control Manager or his/her designate.