De Santiago Milan Hotel and Suites is a top-class Luxury hotel with elegant and glamour. Starting from the lobby of the hotel to the elegantly finished rooms, the interior provide a comfortable and unmatched experience. Our hotel is primed for corporate, business and leisure travelers, offering superior services and excellent facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost Controller
Core Purpose of the Job
- Work with all Heads of Departments to effectively control all products that enter and exit the hotel.
- Review the daily intake of products into the hotel and ensure accurate pricing and quantity of goods received.
- Control the stores by ensuring accuracy of inventory and stock control and the pricing of good received.
- Alert Procurement of slow moving goods and goods nearing expiry dates to reduce waste and alter product purchasing to accommodate.
- Manage cost reporting on a weekly basis.
- Prepare daily flash food and beverage cost reports.
- Prepare daily breakfast cost report ensuring cost does not exceed 30%.
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas.
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required.
- Regular inspections on the conditions of refrigerated store rooms must be carried out with regard to temperature control and a temperature log needs to be maintained and kept on or near each walk-in fridge door.
- Ensure all items received are stored in their correct manner according to storing location, packaging, temperature, light, humidity etc. on a first in first out basis to enable stock rotation.
- Directly responsible that the guidelines for handling and cleaning of machines and equipment are strictly followed by all stores crew concerned and that all stores crew are properly trained in correct use of equipment.
- Carry out periodic market surveys to ensure that the hotel is buying right.
- Liaises with purchasing team as well as chefs to ensure accurate costing for food and beverage.
- Ensures accurate preparation of all paperwork associated with the movement of all food and liquor stocks to outlets.
- Monitors food and beverage performance through analysis of daily food covers, sales and cost reports.
- Undertakes stock takes and produces food and liquor stock summaries.
- Controls food and beverage budget expense lines.
- Takes a proactive approach to activity concerned by Cost Control, anticipating potential opportunities.
- Develops service enhancements and monitor change in a financial environment.
- Keeps abreast of newest trends and innovations in the hospitality industry.
- Prepares comparative reports to management monthly, highlighting the weakness and strength in all products and give constructive advice.