Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Country Director for an upcoming, five year USAID-funded health workforce management project in Nigeria. The position is full-time and based in Abuja with travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory.
- Serve as the primary representative for the project.
- Provide overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation of the project.
- Work closely with and supervise project staff and ensure the strategic and functional integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts.
- Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by USAID/Nigeria.
- Oversee project planning, provide technical direction and support, and ensure implementation, with a focus on results, and financial accountability for all project activities.
- Communicate/work with FMOH, NPHCDA, and key stakeholders at the national level.
- Forge and substantiate strategic alliances with national agencies and organizations to establish USAID’s leadership role among key national human resources for health and health systems strengthening partners, including proactively seeking opportunities to liaise with major national public and private sector efforts and projects.
- Post-graduate degree or higher in Public Health, International/Global Health, Social Sciences, Management, or a related discipline.
- Direct relevant experience in managing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of human resources for health, health policy and administration, and health systems assessment.
- Proven experience in managing USAID and/or international development organization projects and staff, with proven ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in multiple locations.
- Professional experience interacting with other donors, implementing partners, the private sector, and host country governments.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral, and written communications skills in English; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/