Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Country Representative in Nigeria to support a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food for Progress (FFPr) project in West Africa region (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria) called USDA West Africa PRO-Cashew project. The project aims to improve agricultural production and expand trade of agricultural products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the Nigeria semi-annual work plans, and overall management of the project in line with USDA guidelines and within set timelines to achieve objectives;
- Provide in-depth knowledge of the country represented to the project senior management team and aid in the development of country plans and activities;
- Oversee program administration, operations and implementation to ensure technical and financial activities align with scope, budget allocations and internal policies;
- Promote the grant program and support grantees in their proposal stage and compliance once awarded;
- Lead team to provide effective coordination and guidance among academic institutions, local Government, smallholder farmers, service providers, cashew processing firms and other key stakeholders;
- Support M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Ensure quality control and provide overall technical and management leadership; adjust activities and operations in response to technical direction;
- Write semi-annual reports, and develop success stories (at least 2 per year);
- Represent CNFA with partners and key stakeholders, at conferences, workshops, meetings, and other industry gatherings, maintain positive relationships with USDA and the US Embassy, local authorities, and the country office team;
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner;
- Review and approve financial and administrative documents to ensure compliance with internal and external contract and policy requirements;
- Oversee financial and administrative activities, including monthly cash request, approval of project procurement, approval of project expenditures, and monitoring of expenditure levels against the budget; and other duties as assigned.