CARS45 Limited - We are Nigeria's largest car buying service with the goal of helping hundreds of customers to sell their cars.At Cars45 our passion is to build the infrastructure for commerce that allows sellers and buyers of Nigerian used Cars to exchange value quickly, cheaply and with unhindered access to independent relevant information required for decision making. We now have inspection centres at strategic locations to make it easy for our dear customers to sell their cars.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
- Under supervision and guidance of the Manager, Credit Management, you will be responsible for determining and monitoring the creditworthiness and risk profile of our customers by analyzing their financial data and deciding whether or not to extend their credit facilities
- Your will be involved in the day to day monitoring of our credit facilities and evaluating the financial status of potential customers, monitoring existing clients, performing risk assessments, writing detailed reports, and making informed decisions while extending credit.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the credit analysis, credit assessment, and performance reporting of credit sales
- Candidate will also be responsible for the engagement of credit bureau and also collaborate with the strategic business unit on debt recovery issues and the ageing analysis of debt owed the business.
Essential Job Functions
- Examine transaction and credit history of dealers and support in the approval process of credit
- Routine engagement of credit bureaus and other agencies supporting the credit approval process
- Analyze credit portfolio risk, while quantifying credit risk and making recommendation for credit risk management
- Provide support in credit performance reporting
- Proactive analysis of the credit market and provide advisory support to the business on how to drive credit sale
- Routinely monitor loans for compliance
- Routinely carry out dealer lot inspection and monitor dealer inventory turnover
- Adhere to credit policy and guidelines
- Monitor payment date and communicate due date to dealers and end-user
- Archive documents in compliance with all required guidelines and policy
- Develop positive relationships with dealers or customers and check in regularly to insure customer’s needs are being met
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Monitor payment past due and try to rectify
- Activate recovery process when payment past due can’t be rectified
- Provide support in debt recovery process
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate department supervisor in a timely manner
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Credit Department
- Understanding of business, economic, and industry risk
- Financial forecasting
- Keep abreast of financial news and trends
- Practice due diligence.