Talent Sourcing & Recruitment Consultant
Job Title: Credit Risk Oficer
Location: VI, Lagos State
N.B: Candidate must reside on the Island.
Our client, a micro finance bank seeks to engage the services of a Credit Officer to facilitate lending for their company by assessing creditworthiness. The Credit Officer will be responsible for preparing loan applications, evaluating clients’ financial information and calculating risk ratios. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of lending procedures and customer service experience.
- The credit risk officer will assist the Risk Department to;
- Perform risk assessments and review the credit application submitted by front line officers; exercise credit judgment; and make sound credit recommendations and/or decisions;
- Perform pro-active on-going credit monitoring and risk management on the client as well as portfolio level;
- Ensure all internal credit policies and procedures are adhered to and help to develop or enhance such policies and procedures;
- Ensure on-going compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Analyze risks and approve or reject loan requests, review clients’ financial status, evaluate creditworthiness and risks, calculate financial ratios (e.g. Debt to Income Ratio and interest rates)
- Set up payment plans
- Help to prepare various credit reports to be presented to Senior Management;
- Ensure all transactions have full and proper documentation.