BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service Associate
- As the Customer Service Associate, you will be at the forefront of servicing our clients. Your role will entail maintaining and strengthening new and existing client relationships by providing excellent customer service.
- Customer Service is a critical point of contact for our customers who have questions, issues or feedback, so we’re looking for an empathetic young leader, with the relevant experience and skills, to help build the vision for excellent standards in client relationship management, and to help instill a customer-centric culture at BitPesa.
- This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital F/X company to the next level.
- Help promote a customer-centric approach at the Company by setting high standards for client support, relationship management and customer happiness
- Effectively collaborate with key internal stakeholders - Sales, Finance/Trading, Customer Support, Compliance and Product
- Support and improve the entire customer journey from onboarding to post-trade execution
- Respond to client inquiries within defined SLAs
- Handle any issues reported by clients and escalate, when necessary
- Proactive outreach to clients to ensure there is client retention, and satisfaction
- Assist in continuously deepening existing client relationships
- Adhere to the SOPs and compliance standards set internally
- Help identify and fix inefficiencies in current workflows and processes
- Act as an effective liaison between BitPesa and its clients, given you are the daily point of contact for the clients
- Display a high level of emotional intelligence and step into a leadership role when required
- Respond to general inquiries and answer questions about products and services
- Direct incoming inquiries to the relevant team
- Contribute regional content to Help/FAQ Page with procedures and steps to products and services
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly by checking emails to attend support and trade messages and receiving calls on Customer Service line
- Proactively monitor the system to ensure everything is working fine
- Communicate and report to the Tech Team when the product/services are down
- Communicate to Finance Team to set the correct rates, help close incomplete transactions or notify them of issues related to funding, float, rates, etc
- Monitor transactions and communicate any issues to the relevant team
- Raise queries with Finance team for any transactions that have been sent to wrong accounts
Voice of the Customer / Product Feedback:
- Provide customer product feedback and product feature requests from region to Customer Service Manager
- Work with Finance team to reconcile old transactions