The International Committee of the Red Cross is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Job Title: Customer Service Desk Officer 1
Under the supervision of the Logistics Site Manager, the Customer Service Desk Officer 1 (in the OSCAR system environment) ensures that requests are handled efficiently and effectively to meets needs in the field. S/he also makes information about potential or firm orders available to other logistics staff and those requesting services.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Reception of Supply Requests (SR) from departments on JDE
- Processes requisition orders according to the ICRC`s logistics and financial procedures (Various approvals, AoE).
- Provides assistance to requester in case data in the SR is incomplete, process SRs for approval.
- Ensures that the priorities set by the Logistician are followed.
- Contributes to the supply chain support for an assigned geographical area or specific group of products.
- May act as a statistician.
- Updates logistics dashboard and provides statistics.
- Deals with inquiries regarding SR status and provides feedback to the requester
- Decides for procurement mode (Sourcing) in collaboration with the logistician
- Forwards necessary SR to ABJ, JOS, MIU and follows up until the arrival of the shipment
- Establishes and maintains the documentation process for tracking and monitoring SRs
- Assigns and follows up the status of Requests (SR) through the STM and close Requests
- Ensures all relevant supporting documentations are attached and uploaded in the SR / SP in JDE in order to close the order.
- Ensures completed orders are of auditable quality