Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria Health Informatics Lead
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium was recently awarded the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Palladium is currently seeking a Health Informatics Team Lead who will oversee the design and implementation of Data.FI Nigeria Informatics and System Strategy, with support from Regional Digital Team.
- Strengthen Informatics Capacity of IPs towards standardization by providing oversight in Informatics capacity building activities including bootcamps, trainings and mentorship sessions
- Support development of comprehensive functional specifications for USAID supported software applications; either new applications or expansion of features of existing applications
- Oversee the development and implementation of M & E plans for key Informatics standardization documents and guidelines
- Work with the Regional Digital team, to co-ordinate development and implementation of the Data.fi APPR, Interoperability Layer, Shared Health Record and Master Patient Registry
- Ensure that all Nigeria specific user requirements, requested enhancements and reported bugs are accurately captured, validated and prioritized by the development teams
- Work with the Regional team to conduct release planning and to develop deployment schedules
- Manage User Stories at a portfolio level and ensure that they are sufficiently documented with clear acceptance criteria and that they are traceable to sprint backlogs.
- Work with the Regional Team in specific application release planning and development of deployment schedules for Nigeria.
- Oversee Implementation of Palladium strategies to support change management of new system or tool deployment in Nigeria.
- Ensure that information supported systems meet prevailing standards, including security and confidentiality.
- Participate in identifying and documenting project success stories
- Contribute in project documentation needs including development of Informatics sections in project reports and Work Planning
- Supervise the informatics governance advisor and programmers, ensuring they set and meet their performance targets in line with the project’s goals