Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria Informatics Governance Advisor
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium has recently been awarded the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Palladium is currently seeking an Informatics Governance Advisor who will oversee the design and implementation of Informatics Governance Strategy, with support from Regional Digital Team.
- Work with the Palladium Regional Digital team in the development and implementation of Nigeria specific Health Informatics Standards and Guidelines to guide EMR implementation, Interoperability, Unique Patient identification, and others
- Spearhead Data.FI Informatics liaisons, engagements, and coordination roles with USAID and other donor agencies, Implementing Partners, Federal and State Government players, and other informatics stakeholders towards translating program requirements into sustainable informatics solutions
- Strengthen Informatics Governance Capacity of IPs towards standardization by providing oversight in Informatics capacity building activities including bootcamps, trainings and mentorship sessions while applying documented process management processes for software development lifecycle
- Provide technical assistance in developing comprehensive functional specifications for USAID supported software applications; either new applications or expansion of features of existing applications
- Provide governance support for structured change management processes of new systems or tool deployment in Nigeria
- Promote standardization by convening and facilitating Informatics Stakeholder Meetings to disseminate informatics guidelines, Roadmaps, Implementation monitoring, feedback sessions and share good practices
- Support development and implementation of Informatics specific stakeholder action plans, and assist in monitoring the implementation of these plans
- Conduct targeted facility support visits to provide mentorship, guidelines and monitor progress towards compliance to provided facility level informatics guidelines
- Conduct regular system audits at facility and state levels to monitor levels of compliance to provided requirements and standards while providing feedback to stakeholders
- Strengthen Partnerships by ensuring strategic communication and collaboration between Informatics Stakeholders