Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Location: Abuja or Akwa Ibom (TBD)
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium has recently been awarded Data for Implementation (Data.FI). Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist(s) to support the USAID Strategic Information (SI) Team and service delivery implementing partners (IPs) to leverage of weekly PEPFAR data to support control of HIV epidemic specifically in surge states Lagos, Cross River, Niger, Adamawa, Kano and Bauchi.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist(s) will work with the Strategic Information Advisor to implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, generate analysis at state level for key priority indicators, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving.
- The monitoring and evaluation specialist will be reporting to the Strategic Information Advisor, with overall supervision by the Senior Regional Data analytics and Use Advisor. The overall aim of the Data.fi data use strategy is to both generate further demand for data and improve clinical outcomes around testing, linkage, retention, and viral suppression by engaging implementing partners, LGA stakeholders and state level decision makers.
- Start and End date: Nov 18, 2019 to September 30, 2020. Continuation of position for additional year contingent upon availability of funding.
- Technical support to HFR reporting and APPR system optimal use at the state level and facilitate access across the hierarchies.
- Support implementation of Weekly Data Review for Rapid Action methodology at state level and across hierarchies.
- Support implementation of a unified data use strategy and data review guidelines
- Provide User supports at State level Situation rooms
- Conduct data collection and collation at state level
- Working with the Strategic Information Advisor (s), support implementing partners to facilitate and support HFR processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers
- Support Documentation of best practices and use cases at the State level
- Review data systems and identify gaps within the healthcare space and articulate a vision for improved digital health data use for the country.
- Implement data quality strategies and activities at state level and other hierarchies as advised.
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of State level performance on key priority indicators
- Work with stakeholders (Implementing partners and focal States) to develop, disseminate, and monitor implementation of data utilization plans.
- Any other duties assigned as per the dynamic programming environment