Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefit
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria Programmer (Software Architect)
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 4 years
Job Field: ICT / Computer NGO/Non-Profit
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium was recently awarded the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
- Palladium is seeking a Software Architect for Data.FI Nigeria who will provide technical expertise for the development and implementation of HIV information systems toward a unified architecture.
- With support of the regional digital team, develop, test, and support the implementation of software products and solutions as articulated in the systems and functional requirements
- Integrate and deploy developed or packaged solutions in production environments or live service systems.
- Develop, test, debug, implement and maintain applications while ensuring they meet required health information systems standards
- Provide technical support including bug fixing, functional extensions and documentation for deployed solutions.
- Manage software development cycles including testing and quality assurance while ensuring that deliverables meet software requirements based on agreed time-frames and milestones.
- Participate in software and architectural development activities
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
- Design, develop and test Java-based solutions using common standards and frameworks such as Angular 7, JAXB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JPA, JavaEE, Spring, and Hibernate
- Help improve code quality by implementing the recommended best practices
- Develop comprehensive technical documentation for application code.