Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data.FI Nigeria Strategic Information Advisor
Location: Akwa Ibom or Abuja (TBD)
Travel: 25% travel to other states
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium has recently been awarded the Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of HIV epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in HIV and AIDS programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking a State Data Use Advisor to support the USAID Strategic Information (SI) Team and service delivery implementing partners (IPs) to leverage of weekly PEPFAR data to support control of HIV epidemic specifically in surge states Lagos, Cross River, Niger, Adamawa, Kano and Bauchi.
- The State Data Use Advisor will implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, generate analysis at state level for key priority indicators, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving. The state data use advisor will be reporting to the Senior Regional Data use Advisor.
- The overall aim of the Data.fi data use strategy is to both generate further demand for data and improve clinical outcomes around testing, linkage, retention, and viral suppression by engaging implementing partners, LGA stakeholders and state level decision makers.
- Start and End date: November 18, 2019 to September 30, 2020. Continuation of position for additional year contingent upon availability of funding.
- Technical support to HFR reporting and APPR system optimal use at the state level and facilitate access across the hierarchies.
- Support design of Weekly Data Review for Rapid Action methodology for implementation at state level and across hierarchies.
- Support dissemination of a unified data use strategy and data review guidelines
- Implement knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategy
- Working with the implementing partners facilitate and support HFR processes to identify barriers to data use and generate solutions to address those barriers.
- Facilitate training on data use and related topics with implementing partners teams and state ministries including taking creative approaches to providing support in low-bandwidth environments.
- Tracking activities and performance related to data use and change management, documenting our work and engaging and enthusing stakeholders related to project learning in these areas.
- Liaising with Implementing partners to prototype, test and scale data use interventions and strategies, and to build capacity on data use with a focus on the state level.
- Working with the Data Analytics and Visualization specialist as well as the Epidemiologist develop and package state level information products to inform progress towards HIV epidemic control.
- Review data systems and identify gaps within the healthcare space and articulate a vision for improved digital health data use for the country.
- Evaluate and assure system compliance with laws and regulations applicable to managing patient information.
- Technical backstop in data quality and data alignment exercises, working with the Implementing partners at state level with interventions cascaded to facility levels
- Conduct regular analysis and reviews of State level performance on key priority indicators
- Work with other Implementing partners to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of APPR System 2.0, DHIS2, Situation rooms, and other platforms.
- Build the capacity of national programs and County staff in data demand and information use applying developed curricula and conduct follow-on mentorship.
- Build a case and action plan for increasing data use for programmatic and budget decision-making national programs and county levels.
- Work with stakeholders (Implementing partners and focal States) to develop, disseminate, and monitor implementation of data utilization plans.
- Technical Support Implementing Partners and States to develop Health Profiles and disease program bulletins.
- Any other duties assigned as per the dynamic programming environment