Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Supervisor, the Data Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance to national and MdM procedures:
Data Management on the Corresponding Forms and Tools:
- Receiving the data from the project team or if not, collect it
- Enter medical data in the mission database appropriately and on a regular basis (from mobile teams and supported health facilities)
- Update and maintenance of database (data, formulas, graphs…)
- Report and alert to the line manager of any problem arising with data provided or database.
Data Report Design:
- Update the standard monitoring tool designed on Excel
- Create and generate relevant graphs to show the data developments/movements
- Finalizing development of database in collaboration with coordination team if needed
- Contributing to design various studies (surveys, new forms…)
Field Monitoring Supervision:
- Supportive supervisions of mobile clinics team to support and improve field data collection
- Conduct regular field visits to verify data collected on different activities
- Conduct regular field visits to conduct on-the-job trainings on data collection
- Assist the M&E Supervisor on M&E activities in Damboa
- Direct supervision of registrars in all mobile clinics to ensure data quality
- Instruct colleagues on various tools to be used
- Train mobile clinics team on proper use of data collection tools
- On request, will have to read documents, reports etc, to look for data.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Medical Supervisor/Health Program Coordinator.