One Acre Fund is a non-profit social enterprise that supplies financing and training to help smallholders grow their way out of hunger and build lasting pathways to prosperity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Quality Coordinator
Location: Minna, Niger
Duration: Full-time job
Career Level: Professionals
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
- As an organization, we constantly seek to impact more farmers. In Nigeria, this work started two years ago. This role is part of a small team based in Minna, whose purpose is to successfully establish the OAF model in Nigeria, starting small but scaling-up rapidly within the next few years. The Data Quality Coordinator will report to the Nigeria Innovations Associate.
- The Data Quality Coordinator will manage and oversees the development of surveys and the execution of the data gathering efforts of the pilot. More specifically, this role includes: planning and creating surveys on CommCare software, cleaning and analyzing data from surveys, and recommending programmatic decisions based on that analysis. By constantly developing, gathering and analyzing data about the program’s impact on farmers’ lives, the pilot will be in a position to scale much more quickly.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the development of and detailed planning for executing rolling surveys: The Data Quality Coordinator will work closely with the Innovations Associate to design surveys based on programmatic need and generate them in the CommCare software.
- Manage the execution of day-to-day survey operations: This is partly a field-based position. Expect to spend some time interacting with smallholder farmers, whether to observe the efficiency of the survey tools or conduct back-checks on data already collected. When in the office, expect to develop survey tools, train enumerators on same, review, clean, and analyze data in a way that allows the program to learn quickly.
- Team building and management: The Data Quality Coordinator will oversee and conduct training of enumerators as required. This is to ensure that they are ready and able to collect high quality data while also supporting farmers on a daily basis in the field, as well as steadily building capacity and competency across the team.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- ou’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.