AgroMall is a platform supported by information technology and physical last-mile agency distribution for virtual commercialization of smallholder farmers’ activities to create the effects and benefits of economics of scale available to commercial farmers to smallholder farmers through the aggregated discovery and distribution of agricultural input; output; support and extension information. This platform is set up to facilitate availability of inputs and off-take markets at the right price to all users and help them to do more with less efforts, especially smallholder farmers and women in the agricultural value chain. We use technology to aggregate smallholder farmers input needs and produce offer to commercial quantity size for benefits such as improved offtake, better prices and higher revenue. Agromall supports farmers and agriculture focused business with a suite of linked solutions in the following dimensions: value chain discover, predictive analysis of credit worthiness, monitoring and evaluation.
Job Title: Data Visualization Analyst
Job Function: Agriculture
Where you fit in
- We are committed to change the world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into people’s lives, everywhere through agriculture and technology.
- We are passionate about our mission and excited to grow our company with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and company.
- If this is you, we encourage you to swim into our candidate pool!
- The job in a nutshell - As a Data Visualization Analyst working for Agromall you must excel at creating compelling visualizations with data. You must create immersive dashboards that inform, persuade and build relationships with prospects, customers and the agricultural business at large. You will also be responsible for diagnosing reporting needs, developing priorities for the reporting roadmap, and designing the next generation of data-driven agri-business reports.
- The ideal candidate must be energized by data and translating data stories, service-minded, flexible, and detail-oriented. Most importantly you see potential datasets everywhere you look, you must love to uncover hidden insights, trends, and stories that most people don't see.
- Participate in meetings and collaborate with all levels of staff to learn the visual information needs of the engagement, the points to be emphasized, and the relative importance of various information to be disseminated.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify significant information that will further a product’s message to create a clear visual representation.
- Create visual communication standards to maintain consistency of designs across visual information products and suggest text that accompanies them.
- Develop illustrations, infographics, photographs, maps, and other visual information products that meet AgroMall’s visual communication standards and that convey a coherent message, thought, or idea.
- Advise engagement teams on technical advantages and disadvantages of various formats, styles, media, and methods of creating visual designs that will best meet the objectives of AgroMall products.
- Coordinate with teams and offices to perform in-depth analyses and interpret their needs for visual information products.
- Serve as a team or unit resource and coach providing technical support and feedback to other DVAs in performing various aspects of their visual communication assignments.
- Research, develop, and recommend innovative approaches to the presentation of visual information to support AgroMall’s design policies, standards, and procedures
- Ensure that all graphics developed to adhere to set naming conventions and appropriate file storage/archival procedures.