Byteworks Technology Solutions Limited is a fast-growing software and technology company indigenously owned; constituted of smart and committed young professionals.The thrust of Byteworks is that by implementing its products through excellence, commitment, innovation and integrity, there is a consistent increase in revenue generation in Nigeria as a whole by employing its products in every state/sector it is applied.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrators/Report and Analytics
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.