Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Officer
Location: Maiduguri Coordination
Description of the Position
Data and tools management:
- The database officer is in charge of:
- The design and management of operational and M&E databases
- Maintaining updated program databases
- Entering data provided into the appropriate software
- Ensuring the security of computer data
- Attend the training of field staff about the new tools developed
- Support the teams in the analysis of information and data gathered
- Archive paper, electronic data and reports and making them available to the teams, on request.
- Maintain updated location maps for Solidarités International activities by using ArcGIS, QGIS and Power-bi
- Prepare, on request, maps to illustrate the reports
- Support analysis and decision making through a relevant mapping of the humanitarian situation.
Reporting / Communication:
- Keep tools and files archived and secured at the offices of Solidarités International accessible to his/her line manager
- Participate in collaboration with the program team and M&E teams in the analysis and processing of data
- Participate in collaboration with program team and M&E teams in the production of graphs based on the data collected.
- Bring to light any difficulty linked to his or her activities, to the programs of Solidarités or security concerns
Management of the Complain Response Mechanism:
- S / he will be responsible for properly handling the SI’s CRM and will ensure that each call is recorded in the CRM database;
- Track basic statistics and trends from the data, in collaboration with the base MEAL departments. Prepare updated figures and information requests, as requested by MEAL coordination.