Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deal Manager
Ref ID: 1900177G
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- The Deal Manager leads and manages the contracting process end-to-end for strategic, complex transactions that meet regional criteria requiring Deal Manager involvement
- The Deal Manager sets the overall direction for his/her assigned managed deal(s) and is responsible for the successful execution of the contracting process, ensuring consistency and adherence with Oracle strategy, commitments and goals as well as compliance with Oracle policies and procedures.
- The Deal Manager facilitates and co-coordinates discussion amongst Sales and multiple Oracle functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to reach agreement on contracting terms in order to solve complex contracting scenarios and meet the specific needs of his/her assigned managed deal(s)
- The Deal Manager may work in a multi-cultural environment and cover multiple countries and/or lines of business. The work is fast-paced and seasonal in nature, corresponding with Oracle’s quarterly and annual fiscal cycles.
- Work proactively with Sales and functional stakeholders, (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to develop a realistic close plan for his/her assigned managed deal(s) including identifying key milestones, anticipating potential issues and identifying resolutive actions to be taken.
- Provide advice to Sales by identifying applicable Oracle policies as they relate to specific contract terms, relevant for the assigned managed deal(s); advising Sales on the appropriate contract terminology for the deal.
- Articulate to Sales the rationale behind Oracle policy and contract terms to assist them with Customer negotiations. Know when to defer to functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) during Customer negotiations.
- Advise Sales on the appropriate terminology to include in approval requests to ensure that the contract term requests are clear and unambiguous; allowing Oracle approvers to make informed decisions and Deal Specialists to successfully and efficiently draft the final contract.
- Facilitate internal discussions amongst functional stakeholders (i.e. Deal Specialist, RevRec, Finance, Legal, OFD, Business Practices, Migrations, Order Management, etc.) to reach practical business solutions to complex contracting issues, and provide such functional stakeholders with any contract documents necessary to ensure a thorough evaluation of issues.
- Collaborate with and provide guidance to the Deal Specialists responsible for drafting the managed deal(s).
- Complete final review of the contract documents prepared by the Deal Specialist to ensure that all contract terms have been appropriately approved by Oracle and the contract reflects all negotiated commitments before releasing the contract to Sales.
- Proactively manage the deal close plan, facilitating involvement and commitment from all parties until the contracting process has concluded.
- Other responsibilities as may be deemed appropriate by Oracle management.
- Processes and invoices customer orders in accordance with agreed contracts. Monitors contract and business terms to mitigate Oracle's risk
- As a member of Contract Management you will assist customers, both internal and external, with license contract interpretation, negotiations and administration of licensing agreements including extensions, new business, invoicing, credit holds, receivable issues and consolidations
- Draft and negotiate standard and non-standard contracts. Act as a liaison between consultants, Credit, License, Tax, Business Practices, Revenue accounting, and customers to resolve contractual and consulting business issues. Validate all aspects of contract packages for accuracy and compliance with Oracle's Business Practices and Consulting Business Approvals/Process while maintaining customer satisfaction and responsiveness. Submit contract order packages to Revenue accounting for order processing and project funding
- Anticipate problems and initiate actions to ensure customer orders are processed efficiently. Prepare contract status reports.
- Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role.