Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director of Finance and Grants Management
Job Code: 200000DT
Location: FCT, Abuja
Job Level: Day Job
Job Type: Full-time
Employee Status: Manager
Organization: Catholic Relief Services
- The Deputy Director of Finance and Grants Management is responsible for implementing the CRS Sub Recipient Financial Management Policy across all GF Malaria Sub Recipients.
- S/he designs and implements strong internal controls and appropriate financial reporting procedures/policies to minimise/manage risks associated with SR grant implementation, safeguard Global Fund’s resources, achieve consistent compliance with Global Fund grant agreement, approved workplan/budget, Global Fund policies and guidelines, as well as CRS’ policies and procedures.
- S/he coordinates and actively works with the sub-recipient (SR) on their grant management capacity.
Specific Job Responsibilities
SR Financial Assessments, Monitoring and Support:
- Facilitates the implementation of CRS’ sub-recipient financial management policy for the Global Fund malaria program; ensure that staff understand and are correctly implementing the policy
- Coordinates with the SR Finance officers to adhere to the approved schedule of planned SR monitoring visits;
- Coordinates and support the SR Finance officers to conduct the SR assessments and monitoring visits in accordance with CRS policies about timeliness, comprehensiveness, professionalism and documentation
- Maintain a tracker of corrective action plans developed and the status of addressing the identified issues on a monthly basis
- Facilitates the participation of the financial and programming staff in the financial monitoring of the SR (including site visits); trip reports must indicate the monitoring steps performed, the processes reviewed, and the result of the testing and reviews
- Review and monitor the SR internal control systems to ascertain that financial duties are adequately segregated; Global Fund malaria program finance and compliance staff should regularly monitor and assess SR ability to accurately record and post all financial transactions and provide feedback to the GF Finance and Grants Management Director.
- Provides direct technical support in all aspects of finance, compliance and internal controls for SRs
- Ensure that the CRS SR Finance officers are trained to conduct proper review of SR program activities to identify areas of noncompliance to GF policies, procedures and regulations and CRS approved work plans/budget
- Ensure project documents and financial records are maintained and readily available for internal/external audits and reviews
- Involved in the development and implementation of grant management trainings and capacity building activities in close collaboration with CRS Nigeria finance and compliance staff
- Support the training of Global Fund malaria program staff in relevant and appropriate donor financial management policies, procedures, and standards
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Global Fund Director Finance and Grant Management, Global Fund Malaria Program Team, Deputy Country Representative, Country Representative, Finance, Procurement and Administration Staff, Regional and Senior Technical Advisors, Deputy Regional Director for Management Quality and HQ Compliance team, GFSU.
- External: Global Fund Nigeria Country Team, SR, LFA, external