The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director Operations, Lake Chad Basin
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Deputy Director – Operations oversees all aspects of service delivery and plays a key role in ensuring that INSO provides the best support possible to NGOs responding to the Syria crisis. Specific responsibilities include the recruitment and training of new staff, editorial review of key INSO products, monitoring and continual improvement of compliance with service delivery standards, and support to the Director on the broader strategic development of the programme.
- On a delegation of authority basis, the Deputy Director – Operations independently line manages and mentors INSO’s regional teams, and will also stand in as the acting Director in his/her absence.
- The successful candidate will have a strong background in NGO safety and security, be outgoing, inquisitive and detail oriented, and have significant experience building and leading high performing teams. He/she will also have the ability to analyse complex security issues and contexts, communicate to an excellent standard of English both verbally and in writing, and above all else share INSO’s commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Compliance monitoring of all INSO mandated services including 24/7 flash reporting, safety and access roundtable meetings, analytical reports, training, orientations, crisis assistance, site security reviews and other demand-based services.
- Management of the INSO regional teams, including recruitment, training, orientation and on-the-job mentoring of regional and operations team members.
- The development and implementation of locally specific internal security management policy, SOPs and guidelines.
- Leadership and representation of the programme in the director’s absence.
- Development of annual strategy to include programming priorities, proposals, reports, budget management, forecasts and maintaining contractual compliance in all areas at all times.
- Application of INSO global policy in both administrative and operational areas including HR, Finance, Logistics, Security etc.
- INSO’s organisational development and on-going improvement of internal operational protocols and services.