Première Urgence Internationale (PUI), is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting Date: September 2018
- The Deputy Field Coordinator for Programs ensures at base-level the smooth implementation of PUI’s programs in Maiduguri and within operational rural areas, targeting the Lake Chad crisis affected populations.
- She/He is also responsible for representation on technical topics by humanitarian stakeholders at local level and in charge of proper reporting to the donors supporting the Program.
Under the supervision and line management of the Field Coordinator, the DFC for Programs is responsible at base level for the direct supervision of the Projects Managers in charge of conducting the different projects within the targeted areas.
- He/She coordinates the project teams and ensures the operational and qualitative aspects of the programs are put into practice properly (monitoring of objectives, respecting due dates and budgetary provisions, quality control, synergy of the teams) according to the contractual documents and in line with PUI policies and procedures
- He/She will participate in the technical forums (Working Groups) at local level
- He/She will be the direct line manager of the Project Managers in this base and will ensure that appropriate support and capacity building is brought to the senior managers of the programs.
Logistics and Administration:
- He/She will oversee the logistic and administrative duties of the projects with the support of the Logistic Department
- He/She will ensure that the programs developed are in line with PUI mandate and strategy, and will propose new interventions according to the evolution of the humanitarian situation in the region and based on accurate needs assessments at field level
- To stay up to date with our new job offers, join our Facebook group My Job On The Field.