Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
Location: Jos, Plateau
- The Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator supports the design, development, and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system within the assigned area.
- S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation.
- The incumbent carries out his/her work according to an established standard operating procedure for collecting data, monitoring project progress and measuring program inputs/outputs.
- This position would be based in Jos, Plateau state, with frequent travel to the field within the respective regions.
- In Jos, s/he will line managed by the Head of Office and functionally managed by the Associate Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate weekly with Associate DMEL Manager to determine priority tasks.
- Ensure the state team is aware of and up to date on all DMEL tasks and reports.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase in assigned areas.
- In concert with the Associate DMEL Manager, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans for field-level Activities .
- Implement Search M&E standards around project planning meetings, data collection tools, monitoring missions as required.
- Produce a “routine monitoring report” (RMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in Monthly and Quarterly Reports.
- Share observations from monitoring visits with Associate DMEL Manager when findings demonstrate questionable actions.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Media & Communications office when developing impact assessments, success stories, newsletters and weekly reporting.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis of projects based on history of site visits; present findings to Associate DMEL Manager in a concise and professional manner.
- Support quality, conflict sensitive, innovative and effective DMEL process in Bayelsa;
- Implementing SFCG M&E standards around project planning meetings, baseline studies, listenership surveys, data collection processes, monitoring missions and evaluations in the Bayelsa;
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly reflection and learning sessions with Search Staff in the State offices.
- Represent the program positively and professionally in both internal and external environments.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- Collection of case studies and success stories across the projects suitable for external audiences
- Conduct project monitoring visits on a regular basis and report findings to the project teams and DM&E team through spot checks with project volunteers,
- Maintenance of up to date databases and indicator tracking table of the project capturing progress against target.
- Conduct/Support monthly review and quarterly project reflection meetings for projects within your jurisdiction.
- Conduct Quarterly DQA and share report on a quarterly basis.
- Support evaluations for all projects within your jurisdiction
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.