The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Detention Field Officer 1 (Prison Systems)
Under the direct supervision of the Prison System Advisor and in coordination with the Deputy Protection Coordinator in charge of detention, the Detention FO - PSO: Participates in identifying and formulating solutions to humanitarian issues that are rooted in the prison system, using a project-cycle methodology and a multi-disciplinary approach. Contributes to confidence building efforts and sustains constructive dialogue on systemic issues with NPS authorities at the prison, State, Zonal and Federal levels. Supports the Delegation in developing a mapping of the key actors involved in detention-related programs and in developing and/or strengthening contacts with them.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the mapping of stakeholders working in detention and of detention-related programs (building of new prisons, training of staff, capacity building projects, etc.) that these actors plan or are implementing in Nigeria in order to identify possible points of contact, as well as synergies.
- Support the development of multi-stakeholders approaches to the benefit of the penitentiary system.
- Support the PSA in the development of seminars or thematic workshop on relevant issues, with prison management and other authorities/actors.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of training for NPS Staff.
- Takes part in briefings and technical support to staff involved in detention activities.
- Helps to plan, organize and prepare minutes of internal and external meetings.
- Reports the results of his activities in a timely manner using existing institutional tools.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses