University of Calabar grew out of the Calabar campus of University of Nigeria (UNN), Nigeria which began functioning during the 1973 academic session with 154 students and a small cadre of academic, administration and professional staff. In April 1975, the Federal Military Government of Nigeria announced that as part of the National Development Plan, seven new Universities were to be established at various locations in the country. The University of Calabar was one of the seven Universities set up under this programme.Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- A candidate must possess a good Honours Degree (B.Sc) not below Second Class Lower (22) or HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Civil / Building Engineering from a recognized University or Polytechnic and must be a registered member of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) or Council of Registered Builders of Nigeria (CORBON) or any other relevant professional body.
- Such a candidate must have a valid Practicing License and should show considerable degree of competence for the running of the Department.
- In addition, applicant must have a minimum of Twelve (12) years post-graduation experience.
- Candidate must have served in the position of Deputy Director of Works, or similar position with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience on that post.
The salary attached to this post is CONTISS 15.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 30 copies of their Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, duly signed and dated by the candidates with the most recent Passport Sized Photographs attached to each. The sealed envelopes should be marked on the top right hand corner “Vice-Chancellorship Position”
The Curriculum Vitae should among others indicate:
- Full names
- Date of Birth/Age
- Marital Status
- Academic Qualifications
- Publications and
- Administrative Experience
All Applications are to be forwarded to:
University of Calabar,
P.M.B. 1115, Calabar,
Cross River State.
Important Information / Notice
- Each application should bear the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the "Registrar", a confidential report in sealed envelope marked Referees Report for applicant for the position of Vice-Chancellor at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Interview: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.