Chemonics International - From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better. We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director - Warehouse and Distribution
Project: Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria
The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world
The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and maternal and neonatal child health program
The project also supports the warehousing and distribution of Global Fund AIDS Tuberculosis and Malaria. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain
All four Task Orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- Oversight and management of all project’s warehousing, transportation and distribution in-country activities managed by W&D dept.
- Manage and Monitor compliance of contracted third-party service providers to Good Warehouse Practice and Good Distribution practice GWP/GDP KPIs in the identified warehouses and during the provision of transportation services by 3PLs.
- Support capacity building efforts of local organizations, FMOH/GoN, SMOH and LMCUs in contract management of warehousing and transportation third party service providers
- Ensure effective collection of agreed data for use in monitoring the supply chain operations of third party logistics service providers (contracted warehousing and transportation 3PLS) and government
- owned warehouses to ensure that standard practices and appropriate procedures (for warehousing, distribution and especially inventory management are maintained).
- Coordination of stakeholders and partners who interact with W&D activities
- Modify the design of storage and distribution systems to ensure optimum performance and to respond to other commodities and partner needs
- Provide regular reports to USAID, FMOH, and other partners on stock status and supply chain performance
- Provide insight and support to the quantification and supply planning for W&D managed commodities
- Provide technical assistance to identify and mitigate risks for and improve service responsiveness of contracted warehousing and transportation providers
- Assist in defining the process of program initiated resupply of health facilities
- Overall monitoring of the supply of last mile distribution of commodities to Service Delivery Points and other delivery points
- Participate in meetings to elaborate the following components of the alternative system:
- M&E for both service delivery and contract performance
- Support the Deputy Country Director - Technical to ensure that all technical areas of the project are integrated and maximizing the use of all available resources of the project
- Provide strategic and technical direction of W&D operations and serve as focal point of contact on the project’s logistics activities; involving the Deputy Country Director - Technical when prudent.
- Provide support for all contract modification negotiations involving W&D, including budget revisions and negotiation of contract terms.
- Provide contract management and oversight of W&D operations to ensure GHSC-PSM is compliant with contract terms
- Maintain open communication with the Nigeria home office team on questions regarding contract regulations and terms, budget tracking and financial management or administrative requirements of the W&D dept.
The Director - Warehouse and Distribution will report directly to the Deputy Country Director - Technical