Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: DISC - Deputy Project Lead
Ref Id: sfh-53607
Job Type: Permanent
- The Deputy Project Lead will be responsible for providing oversight for the programmatic and administrative coordination of the Project strategies for implementation.
- S/He will support the strategic development of plans and innovative approaches to suit the local context in line with the overall project design.
- Develop work plans for key programme activities and ensure timely achievement of deliverables.
- Lead and participate in the process of developing evidence-based tools and materials required to implement the DISC project.
- Support the project team in developing the Nigerian specific strategic implementation plan in line with the overall project design.
- Develop an advocacy strategy for engagement with key stakeholders to leverage, disseminate project findings and overall sustainability of project approach, etc.
- Provide support to the marketing social media team in the deployment of the projects social media and digital mobile technology platform as required for implementation.
- Coordinate the field implementation approach of the project and lead the field team in achieving set deliverables.
- Represent the project and SFH at relevant technical working or general group meetings
- Coordinate the adaptation and development of training curricula and capacity building guides for field personnel.
- Coordinate the supervision of field personnel to address skill and capacity gaps as well as address local challenges.
- To provide support for routinely conducted quality assurance activities to ensure and guide adherence to project approaches.
- Support the MIS team in the follow-up and tracking of project related indicators recorded at the health facility, in community, across the social media and mobile technology platforms, etc.
- Coordinate the timely procurement and dispatch of relevant project equipment, assets, tools and materials required for program and field implementation.
- Perform other programmatic, operational and admin functions as assigned by the Project Lead.