Breakthrough ACTION / Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Locations: Abuja & Ebonyi
- The Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-Nigeria) Driver is responsible to facilitate the movement of staff and relevant BA Nigeria stakeholders by vehicles from their originating destination to their final destination or vice versa and support the administrative team with basic logistics concerns.
Position's Roles & Interactions
- This position will interact heavily with BA-N staff (especially the administrative team) and relevant internal and external stakeholders within and outside the state. The position will have lead responsibility for all transportation activities for Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria within specific states.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of staff, consultants and other stakeholders in the office.
- Ability to embark on field missions to states within the area of responsibilities;
- Ensures cost saving through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily; vehicle logs, provision of inputs in preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assistance in preparing vehicle history report;
- Maintain a vehicle log to record daily trips using project vehicles
- Provides necessary services like dispatch and collection of mails as may be directed.
- Ensures availability of all required documents and components/gadgets of the assigned vehicle without loss of any;
- Maintains tracks of vehicle insurance and other relevant vehicle papers for renewal as at when due;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident/incident;
- Maintains the standard procedure and practice in fueling and servicing.