The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract Term: Fulltime
- The Driver is responsible for operating a vehicle owned by the organization to provide transportation services to the employees and visitors of the organization; to move expendable and non-expendable supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary; ensure that preventive maintenance of the vehicle is performed on a regular basis.
- The driver will also support with logistics services within the office.
- This Driver position will be based in Monguno, Borno State with frequent travel to other programmatic locations.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Driver reports technically to the Guest House Manager and administratively to the Junior Program Manager in Monguno.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the project staff in obtaining and facilitating movement to different project sites.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs, when necessary, and ensure that the vehicle is kept in good working condition.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, maintenance, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all required procedures and laws are adhered to when driving.
- Collect and deliver mail or other type of correspondence, when required.
- Provide safe transportation to passengers.
- Assist in moving supplies, equipment and furnishings, as necessary, from one location to another.
- Assist the GHM to secure the office assets and ensure usage in compliance with operational guidelines
- Assist in organizing and preparing the office for meetings;
- Assist the GHM with Inventory management, filing and documentation of operational forms as required;
- Provide airport pick-up/drop-off services to official visitors of the project.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned by Managers