The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development, is recruiting personnel for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job ID: 25376
Locations: Bauchi, Sokoto, Oyo, Gombe and Akwa Ibom
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Duration: One year (renewable based on availability of funds, duration of project and satisfactory performance).
- Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Resident Representative and the direct supervision of the Heads of Office for Kaduna, Calabar and Lagos Liaison Office, the Driver works closely with UNFPA Programme and Operations Teams to deliver results.
How You Can Make a Difference
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
- The Nigeria Country Programme is managed through the Country Office in Abuja and the three sub offices in Maiduguri (MDSO), Calabar (CRSO) and Kaduna (KDSO) with a Liaison Office in Lagos (LLO).
- The Calabar Sub Office is covering Benue, Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Abia and Imo states including other projects and satellite activities of the Organization in the South-South and South East geo-political zones.
- The KDSO covers Kaduna, Kebbi, Sokoto and Gombe States and other programming in northern Nigeria.
- The sub offices work with Implementing Partners to support Maternal Health, Sexual and Reproductive Health (includes ASRH), Gender based violence programmes, and data collection and use including in humanitarian context.
- These sub-offices play the coordination roles in the zones and perform oversight functions, supporting the Abuja Office in resource mobilization, strategic planning and monitoring and evaluation.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Drives office vehicles for the transportation of authorized personnel;
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc; performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean, keeping well the maintenance related records;
- Ensures vehicle related documentation for example licenses and insurance policy are acquired and maintained up to date
- Prepares and maintains vehicle related Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Reports to the Administrative Associate any fault detected in any of the UNFPA vehicles;
- Photocopies mail and other official documents as may be required in the office or during workshops/seminars;
- Distributes mails as appropriate to all staff within the office and to other parties for example government, NGO offices, UN Agencies, Diplomatic missions, individuals etc. involved with UNFPA;
- In collaboration with the Protocol Clerk, facilitates the procurement of visas for staff members, Government officials, traveling abroad for meetings and other official engagements;
- Assists with the official travelers’ reservation, facilitate confirmation of tickets and follow-up on the settlement of air ticket bills.
- Maintain records on travel in order to facilitate efficient
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.