AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeiia currently operates in 7 states including Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
Job Title: Driver / Logistics Assistant
Locations: Kogi, Benue and Cross River
Reports to: Operations Manager
Slot: 3 Openings
- The Driver / Logistics Assistant is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the means of transport like buses, vans, trucks and the drivers of the organization.
- S(h)e sees to it that staff members are safe, and makes sure that they don’t face any transportation-related problems. They will need to ensure compliance with the organization’s and the national legal guidelines for operations of automobiles, maintenance, and care of company vehicles.
- S(he) should be familiar with the organizations goods and supplies needs, and support the movement of these goods and products within the organizations supported sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for dispatching the proper loading of program vehicles;
- Must adhere to security and operational procedures;
- Ensures that vehicle log books are properly filled by drivers every month and submitted to Finance for review;
- Performs duties of the transport department and any other related duties whenever required;
- Provides mentor-ship for all drivers to ensure their driving skills are up to standard;
- Gives timely reports on the working condition of company vehicles and equipment;
- Responsible for filing reports for any delay, incident or accident;
- Keeps communication open with drivers, day program staff, staff members etc regarding transportation means;
- Coordinates the maintenance and repair of vehicles on a timely manner;
- Must oversee and schedule the day to day activities of transportation employees (drivers);
- Will be required to serve as a driver.