The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Driver (USAID TB LON)
Immediate Supervisor: State Lead
Technical Supervisor: Director Of Finance And Operations
- For the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON grant, we require the services of DRIVERS who will be domiciled at the implementing states.
- The Drivers will provide secure and timely driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
Duties And Responsibilities
She / He will:
- Provide reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials: Drives office vehicles for the transport of IHVN staffs, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
- Conduct maintenance of all assigned vehicles: Ensuring that vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
- Document all vehicle-related information: Ensuring the availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle log books, fuel voucher booklet, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- S/He will be expected to travel extensively within the state to provide monitoring and technical support to sites, participation at trainings, meeting, outreaches and program review workshops.