The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Technical Assistant
Ref. No: 3858973193
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: The Education Officer
Job Type: Full time
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the programme portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as project deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received, distributed and losses have been properly recorded.
- Supervise the distribution of project supplies at the project sites and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed to beneficiaries
- Review document and processes which authorize distribution. Ensure that an approved procedure is followed in the registration and selection of beneficiaries and ensures that distribution list is accurately consolidated
- Ensure timely supply of teaching learning and recreational materials in the schools
- Support teachers and children to initiate activities in learning centres that meet the psycho-social needs of the displaced children and teachers.
- In consultation with the Project officer and teachers facilitate the running of sports/recreational and psycho-social activities in learning centres
- Lead in mobilization and sensitization of community members on importance of education in collaboration with Parent Teachers Association, local administration and the Ministry of education.
- Carry out registration of learners in established communities and learning spaces in collaboration with local leaders, teachers and Parent Teachers Association.
- Ensure schools and learning spaces NRC is working are safe for children. Protect children and all the project beneficiaries against any form of exploitation
- Ensure Complains response mechanism is in place in schools and persons of concern receive feedback.