United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical/Electronic Technical Assistant
Job ID: 26841
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Posting Type: Common System
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Practice Area - Job Family: Management
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Under the guidance and supervision of UN House Manager, the Technical Assistant provides effective and reliable services ensuring high accuracy of work in the operation of all Extra Low Voltage Electrical/Electronic Appliances installed at UN House Abuja. The Technical Assistant demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- The Technical Assistant provides technical support services to the UN House Abuja Common Services unit staff, UN Personnel, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and efficient technical support services in the operation of all extra low voltage Electrical/Electronic appliances installed at UN House;
- Monitoring and maintaining records of all ELV installations in the UN House as follows:
- Meeting Rooms and Conference Hall Audio and Visual Equipment including Video Conferencing Systems.
- CATV [DSTV] System.
- Public Address, Emergency Voice Communication and Disabled Alarm Systems.
- Fire Alarm System.
- Building Monitoring System [BMS].
- FM200 System.
- Access Control System.
- LAN Networks: Voice and data
- CCTV systems.
- Assist Staff/Users to resolve and address complaints in the use of the above systems in a timely manner;
- Promptly report of potential operational issues before they arise and recommend solution for remediation;
- Ensure that all the above Systems always operate at their optimum;
- Adhere to all operational procedures of each ELV system
- Ensures provision of reliable and efficient technical support services by:
- Coordinating end-users operation of all extra low voltage facilities and audio visual appliances installed at UN House and daily monitoring and keeping records of the functionality and usage of all extra low voltage facilities and appliances within UN House with a view to ensuring timely preventative and pre-emptive maintenance,
- Providing clear weekly reports in a timely manner meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through ensuring proper use of all extra low voltage facilities and audio visual appliances installed in, around and across UN House through accurate maintenance of daily usage logs, provision of technical inputs to formulation of Common Services Annual Workplans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the extra low voltage facilities and audio visual appliances such as CCTV Cameras, Access Control Card Readers, Installed Projectors, Sprinkler sensors, Smoke Detector sensors, Building Management System (BMS), CATV/DSTV systems, UPS back-up for all the facilities, through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, etc.
- Ensure that all the above Systems always operate at their optimum by assisting staff/users to resolve and address complaints in the use of the facilities and applinaces in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations as well as standard operating procedures (SOPs) are taken in using the facilities.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the sub office services.