MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, High Level Support
Employment status: Permanent
- To handle and resolve all Switching Network related queries. Test and verify all new functionality both S/W & H/W and improve Network Performance
- Identify, analyse and plan for current and future needs of Network Operations in respect of high level support of network performance
- Improve network Call Setup Success Rate and Traffic Channel availability.
- Complete detailed Investigations on Cellular Network to optimize Network protocol layers and architecture (Includes SS7 signaling and AXE Plex Investigations) as well as New Functionality and Service testing as required
- Support new service deployment and Special Projects.
- Prepare Incident reports for service impacting network faults as appropriate (emergency report)
- CSR creation and follow up with vendors and ensure adherence to Service level agreement time lines.
- Update and ensure appropriate Software correction level is maintained across the network and software tracker is updated.
- Resolve all Networks related faults and issues that maybe required from Second line Operation and Maintenance (NSMC/CNO/DCG).
- Ensure Processes and procedures are updated.
- Control and Administer Customer Service Requests (CSR’s) to relevant Switching Element Supplier(s), as well as test and integrate software upgrades/releases from Suppliers.
- Ensure value is created through effective stakeholder management
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National travel and a valid drivers license
- Prepared to work overtime and some long shifts