Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Estimator
Vacancy ref: 59297
Functional Unit: Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Nigeria Tendering Manager
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Description of Function
- Reporting to the Nigeria Tendering Manager, the Estimating Engineer will be based in Lagos office and will be in charge of establishing cost estimates in accordance with ITT requirements, technical constraints and commercial aspects.
- He or she is also responsible for developing and updating tools and cost databases.
- Build up cost estimates of Commercial Proposals respecting internal rules and procedures.
- Develop the execution plan with the Tender Lead and Commercial Lead for the purpose of having a complete, accurate and optimized cost estimate.
- Perform cost simulation to evaluate the execution alternatives that will allow the Tender lead to select the most cost effective solution
- Take into account deliverables issued by all the departments involved in tenders and clarify where necessary. Also provide information upfront as may be required by these departments for establishing their deliverables, in close collaboration with the Tender Lead and the Commercial Lead.
- Do the cash flow analysis in order to obtain favorable payment conditions in the contract.
- Prepare the commercial deliverables for our proposal, especially the price schedule, unit rates and commercial qualifications.
- Implement cost impacts during the contract clarification and negotiation phase.
- Handover to the project in case of contract award.
- Contribute to the development of estimating tools and benchmarks.
- Support Tendering Department in other relevant functions/deliverables as required.
- Tender Lead(s) and Commercial Lead(s)
- All departments involved in the tendering process,
- Africa Management team during tender boards