AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is a member of an international network of Microfinance Banks under Access Holding Microfinance AG(www.accessholding.com), with its Head office in Berlin, Germany.
The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Manager
- The facilities manager is responsible for the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the buildings, facilities, and other infrastructural resources/assets of ABN to ensure they meet safety, health standards as well as meeting the legal requirements
Development and maintenance of policies, procedures and systems:
- Develop policy and procedures on Facilities Management and protocols taking into cognisance of preventative and maintenance processes for all the banks‘facilities i..e. building, equipment, furniture, water systems, safety, security and other assets with regards to their effective and frequency usuage, time lags for inspections, testing, general maintenance and repair of the critical site systems and equipment.
- Develop and maintain a good industry standard policies on health and safety, environment and security:
- Develop a good systematic procedures on facility booking i.e.request ticketing, scheduling of services and response time on requests recevied and maintain a proper and up to date records of all ultilities, historical data on inventory management and repairs
- Develop register for the maintaince of all facilities with critical historical data on updates , charts on life span and conditions of facilities and systems i.e. repairs, cost, new additions, Disposals, Transfer
- Develop back-up or alternative systems for common problems such as power shortage.
Budget Implementation and Monitoring of recurrent costs and expenditures:
- Assist in the preparations of annual budgeting and forecasting
- Provide hands on advise to increasing energy efficiency, facilities management in relations to ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Supervise and manage payments to vendors and maintain records of payments relating to all facilities activity within the Bank’s premises
Facility Project managent , state/legislative and service providers relations:
- Oversee all building projects and facility refurbishment activites ensuring maintenance and health and safety is carried out to appropriate standards.
- Carry out a detailed investigation and research availability of options for new premises and equipments where necessary
- Oversee contractual agreements, leasing and bid process with service providers to ensure ABN gets a valuable cost and quality service bargain.
- Collaborate with the legal department to ensure all contractual agreements are written, reviewed and maintained with favourable conditions for the bank; all contractual agreements should be properly archived
- Proactively follow up and ensure that ABN is in compliance with all state statutory and local legislatures; respective documentations should be up to date and filed appropriately.
- Supervision and coordination of the contractor’s work to ensure ground safety, security and timely delivery of services
- Ensure that operational expenditure for the site/s is managed within agreed budgets and identify efficiencies
- Stay abreast with market and industry operations and Manage relationship with key service providers and external stakeholders and vendors.
Work flow management:
- Recommend good work layout of furnitures, fixtures and work space, ensuring the building’s layout and space is used to its full potential.
- Coordinate and support with office moves as at when required; allocate and ensure the effective management of space within the banks premises
- Provide constant attention to all safety issues; ensure building emergency systems are operational through in-house inspections and vendor maintenance contracts
- To ensure a safe working environment in line with the Health & Safety (H&S) Policy.
- Promote and initiative active campaign on safety measures in the building
- Advisory to Management on Compliance with industry, legislative and statutory regulations and relations
- Provide hands on industrial/state legislative matters, health and safety, environment and risk
- Identify and recommend viable opportunities for improvement and maintenance
- Prepare pertinent records and reports on related facilities data for efficient decision making regarding repair/replacement. Support the implementation of innovative programs and processes that reduce short and long term operating costs and increase productivity.
- Identify opportunities for improved operation to drive efficiencies (process and cost) and make recommendations where necessary
- Regular inspection of site and reporting back to senior management on the running of the site
Staff Management and Unit supervision:
- Follow up on team members to ensure work quality and timeliness delivery of their assigned duties and up to date of all records and files.
- Coordinate with other offices and units for things that are not within the scope of the facilities service team.
- Supervise and evaluate the service delivery of site and facilities artisan.
- Guide and ensure staff members follow due protocols and comply with all security, health and safety standards when at site
- To maintain a daily report of events and complaints, also noting what action was taken by responsible staff members
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and reorders/purchases when necessary