The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos - Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation.
The Centre was established to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in West Africa, and also to provide alternatives and best practices to the sustenance of democracy and development in the region.
We require qualified person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Factchecker
Period: 8 months
- To keep continuously abreast of developments in social and traditional media spaces on issues relating to politics and election ahead of the 2019 general elections;
- To regularly identify fake news, misinformation and disinformation in the country;
- To promptly respond to fake news, disinformation and misinformation by developing and releasing well-researched articles to counter them;
- To use the tools of infographics, short videos, illustrations, etc, to widely disseminate responses and enlighten Nigerians on the effect of the phenomenon;
- To work closely with social media influencers/enthusiast to publicize rebuttals and leverage on their platforms to neutralize the effects of fake news, misinformation and disinformation.