Human Capital Partners (HCP) is a professional services firm specialising in the provision of professional services covering the entire spectrum of the Human Resources function. HCP is the successor firm of the erstwhile Executive Selection and Training Services group of KPMG in Nigeria. The Group existed as the Executive Selection unit within Arthur Andersen Nigeria and in 2002, became KPMG Nigeria’s Executive Selection & Training Services Group. The practice was established as an independent entity in July 2011. Human Capital Partners is a member of the International People Services Network, a network of independent but collaborating ex-KPMG firms operating globally and is registered with the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria, The Nigerian Institute of Training and Development, and the Centre for Management Development (CMD) Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Title: Factory Operations Manager
- Our client, a leading furniture manufacturer in Nigeria is looking to hire a Factory Operations Manager. The role holder will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and controlling of all manufacturing process for the different business divisions.
- The role holder will also be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the achievement of agreed annual corporate plan so that the companyТs objectives and revenue plans are achieved.
- Initiate and propose strategic plan for factory operations in the Company, defines the critical success factors and ensures after approval by the Board, the achievement of the vision/targets by setting and maintaining the correct focus for the organization.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics, and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets.
- Translate broad objectives to specific goals for the various functional units resulting in effective and efficient implementation plan for factory operations.
- Ensure preparation of Operations Budget in line with developmental goals to ensure consistency in profitability and growth for the Company
- Implement and maintain the factory operations strategies to deliver the customer service objectives working functionally with Project Management/Commercial
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customersТ expectations
- Organize workflows to meet specifications and timelines and implement methodology to measure due date delivery performance
- Evaluate production schedules to plan team structures and development
- Oversee the pre-production meeting to implement strategies to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Develop and maintain production metrics for quality, delivery, and safety
- Review production practices and equipment: make proposal for improvement to ensure that they are maximally effective
- Ensure that items/ product produced by the production team always meet quality standards
- Monitor products standards at various levels of production and at the point of release so that cost of rework is reduced /eliminated
- Appropriate health and safety procedures are in place and applied rigorously.
- Build strong rapport with the production team through open communication, promote a positive, safe, productive, and efficient work environment
- Continually analyse, identify and set expectations to motivate team members to achieve objectives and goals
- Provide overall guidance and direction to the business, particularly for factory operations, as well as, direct reports and project team members