Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fashion Quality Control/ Assurance Officer
- The Quality Assurance/Control Officer plays a pivotal role in the customer experience journey by ensuring our customers receive authentic and quality products that exceed their expectations.
- The person will be accountable for all quality assurance activities, working with key stakeholders and engaging them to ensure higher standards of quality, improved customer perception, and reduced merchandise return levels.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities for the role
- Take inventory of products received per seller.
- Carry out immediate quality control check on every item received into the warehouse in a timely manner. First come, first serve basis.
- Give timely feedback to sellers, and conclude negotiations within the expected time frame.
- Create product details with accuracy for items to be posted on social media.
- Develop, manage implement, communicate and maintain a quality control plan to bring the Company's Quality Assurance Systems and Policies into compliance with global standards.
- Lead the customer complaint process by working with the appropriate functions in order to analyse the returned product/failure, formulate the response to the customer and work directly with that customer to resolve the issue.
- End to end quality leadership responsibility, provide and enhance quality control processes, both internally and externally, to ensure quality requirements are met
- Effectively interact with Sales and Logistics team to maintain product quality; ensuring targets are met.
- Assisting team with checking patterns/specification, identifying, and resolving impracticalities in a timely manner.
- Prepare accurate reports in accordance with company procedures and work instruction in order to provide reliable information for the efficient management of the department.
- Monitor & Maintain the quality of our product through the various stages of sales.
- Develop and implement programs to establish, maintain, and deliver high product quality to Customers
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure we get the best value from them. Also ensure our vendors enjoy quality experience whilst working with us.
- Liaise with all stakeholders and ensure all vendors are paid on time and get returned/rejected items quickly.