Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Federal Programme Officer
Project Overview and Role
- This is a requisition for employment at Partnership to Engage, Reform and Learn (PERL) – a component of which is the Engaged Citizens’ Pillar (PERL-ECP) is a flagship five-year Programme, funded by the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) in Nigeria.
- PERL-ECP is recruiting to fill a vacant position in our offices. PERL-ECP is managed by Palladium International Nigeria Limited.
- The PERL-ECP mandate is to effectively engage citizens to bring about improvements in service delivery and positively impact on poverty outcomes by working to ensure that constituencies become increasingly effective at influencing improvements in government ability to deliver services and policy issues for the benefit of greater number of Nigerians.
- PERL-ECP supports partners to work constructively with government, focusing on issues, processes and systems that are on the government’s reform agenda, as well as public priority for citizens.
- The core approach used by Engaged Citizens involves supporting locally led processes of change, enhancing the local actor’s ability to broker constructive multi-stakeholder partnerships, strengthening institutions for collective action, promoting attention to the mitigation of conflict and facilitating gender and social inclusion.
- PERL-ECP has a 5-year life span from May 2016 and is operating in Abuja National Office which includes, a Federal Delivery unit located in the FCT, Abuja, 3 Partner states in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna with 3 regional locations in South West (Lagos), South East (Enugu) and the North East (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe). We are looking to recruit a Programme Officer.
- The Federal Programme Officer (FPO) is responsible for supporting the Federal Team Leader (FTL) in delivering the Federal component of the Engaged Citizens Pillar of PERL. This includes supporting the FTL in planning programme delivery, co-ordinating inputs from Federal Partnership facilitators and short-term advisors and monitoring and recording results.
- The FPO will work to co-ordinate activities with technical and operational teams at the National and state levels as well as liaising with programme partners under the direction of the FTL.
Under the direct supervision of the Federal Team Leader (FTL), the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of the agreed workplan under the FTLs guidance, including co-ordinating the work of FPFs and short-term advisors
- Coordinating and monitoring the allocation of ECP resources towards different outputs and work-streams
- Actively work to ensure work at the Federal level is fully integrated with ECP’s information management, communication and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Supporting the FTL in planning for contextual studies to be completed at the Federal level, including co-ordinating the inputs of Federal Partnership Facilitator, short term advisors and partners
- Co-ordinating, under the FTL, the development of workplans and budgets for the Federal level and communicating to partners, National and State teams
- Supporting the FTL in planning and organising for on-going refinements of the Federal level strategy, including collecting feedback and organising reflection points
Support to M&E and Programme Partners :
- Co-ordinate and monitor the development and implementation of M&E plans by Federal Partnership Facilitators
- Collate and provide ad-hoc support to Federal Partnership Facilitators in compiling required information/data into the Federal M&E database, activity report & replication diary summary sheets, case studies, QPRs and other reporting templates as required
- Maintaining regular liaison with the ECP National team and State teams to ensure work at the Federal level is fully co-ordinated with other interventions
- Support the FTL in maintaining regular liaison with key programme partners, including Pillar One of the PERL programme, other development programmes working at the Federal level